Welcome to OrgAnnex
Welcome to OrgAnnex, the organic annex where you can learn all about Organics.
Because its key to understanding everything organic, one needs to know all about composting and its applications.
Food waste that is acceptable to feed worms:
- Apple peels
- Apple cores
- Baked beans
- Cereal and grains
- Citrus peels
- Corn bread
- Egg shells
- Potatoes and peels
- Coffee grounds
- Tea bags
*Plant matter needs to be weighed on an individual basis. Lots of green plant material will heat up a worm bin.
- Garlic: powerful antifungal, antibacterial. Micro-organisms thrive on fungus and bacteria, and mold!
Save the garlic for you! Great for your your gut microbiome.
- Citrus rinds: too much of it doesn't work well for worms, so I just avoid it altogether.
Worms cannot compost these items:
- Meat and Bones. They can be in a separate pile far away from everything else. These invite all kinds of animals and generally is unsafe.
- Vinegar - will kill worms overnight.
- Dog or cat waste - unsafe
- Green grass clippings - creates too much heat